Welcome to the Maine Forensic Association
This is the official website of the Maine Forensic Association. The Maine Forensic Association (MFA) is the organizational body for Speech, Debate, and Student Congress competition for the state of Maine. If you have questions regarding the MFA or if you need information, we recommended that you contact one of the officers.
Latest News & Resources
Photos from the State Championship Tournament
- A link to the awesome photos taken by Tony Payne at the State Championship tournament
MFA Championship Tournament to be live streamed!
- Details of the live streaming of MFA competition events on Saturday noon to 7:30pm
Competition Event Comparison
- This handout compares the MFA, NCFL and NFL events, entry limits and awards.
Speech & Debate students participate in Greeting Card Project
- See the second letter to the editor in this link, describing Mount Desert Island's Greeting Card project at the recent Brunswick tournament.
Fall 2013 Coaches Meeting Notes
- Notes from the September Coaches Meeting
Final MFA Competition Calendar 2013 - 2014
- Updates: Changed Falmouth Nov 9 to All Events; Added Brunswick All Events Dec 14; Added York Debate on Jan 18
National Forensic League Membership Information
- Membership forms for new and renewing membership. Please contact Kris Deveau, Maine District Chair, with any questions. [email protected]
Handout: Meeting the Common Core
- In October, students from Erskine Academy and Falmouth High School demonstrated Public Forum Debate at the Maine School Management Association Fall meeting in Augusta. This handout supplemented the presentation to describe how forensics meets every single Common Core standard. Watch the video of the presentation at http://vimeo.com/maineforensic/commoncore